Søren Gade (Renew, DK), Linea Søgaard-Lidell (Renew, DK) and Peter Kofod (ID, DK) have left the European Parliament and have joined the Danish Folketing.
Gade joined the Folketing as a member of The Liberal Party representing the Western Jutland greater constituency. Prior to joining the European Parliament in 2019, he served in the Folketing for The Liberal Party and represented the North Jutland greater constituency from 2015.
Søgaard-Lidell also joined the Folketing for The Liberal Party and will be representing the Copenhagen greater constituency. This is the first time she will sit in the Folketing.
Kofod joined the Folketing as a member of The Danish People’s Party representing the South Jutland greater constituency. Prior to joining the European Parliament in 2019, he served in the Folketing for The Danish People’s Party and represented the South Jutland greater constituency from 2015.
Ad Hoc MEP Movement:
- Nicola Procaccini (ECR, IT) joined the Conference of Delegation Chairs (CDC) as a member
- Alessandra Mussolini (EPP, IT) joined the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs (LIBE) as a substitute
- Lara Comi (EPP, IT) joined the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (ITRE) and the Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development (AGRI) as a member
- Massimiliano Salini (EPP, IT) joined the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON) and the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (ENVI) as a substitute
- Gianna Gancia (ID, IT) joined the Committee on Petitions (PETI) as a substitute
- Jan-Christoph Oetjen (Renew, DE) joined the Subcommittee on Human Rights (DROI) as a substitute
- Brando Benifei (S&D, IT), Ilan de Basso (S&D, SE) and Carina Ohlsson (S&D, SE) joined the Trade Union Intergroup
The Greens/EFA elected Alexandra Geese (Greens/EFA, DE) as Vice President of the Group. She succeeds Terry Reinkte (Greens/EFA, DE), who left the European Parliament on 10 October.
The Board of Supervisors of the European Securities and Market Authority (ESMA) appointed Vojtěch Belling to replace Erik Thedéen as its Vice-Chair. Belling will serve the remainder of the ongoing two-and-a-half-year Vice-Chair term from 21 November 2022 until 15 June 2023.
EU Member States:
Nataša Pirc Musar was elected President of Slovenia in the second round of presidential elections on 13 November and will become the country’s first female head of state, replacing Borut Pahor who served as President for two five-year terms. Musar ran as an Independent opposite the Conservative candidate Anže Loga.
RECHARGE, the advanced rechargeable and lithium batteries association in Europe, elected Cécile Fournier (Renault Group) and Migle Bluseviciute (BASF) to join the Board of Directors on 26 October.