Monica Semedo | Photo credit: European Parliament Audiovisual
1. Which person you have worked with has most inspired you in your career, and how?
Honestly, I didn‘t work with her, but she‘s the most inspiring person to me: my mother. A strong woman who raised her five daughters by herself.
She never gave up, she worked hard, she is a fighter and, although life was often hard, she kept her optimism and her smile.
2. How would you describe your political/leadership style in three words?
Honest, real, straightforward.
3. What is the smallest change you have made in your career that has had the biggest positive result?
Finishing my Master‘s degree in political science while working because it gave me the freedom to choose what I wanted to do: politics.
4. What one item would you save from your home if it were on fire? (apart from your photo album)
5. Is there anything you have personally achieved or done that would surprise people?
Studying while working as a journalist and TV host and that I studied Russian philology. But my Russian skills are a bit rusty nowadays.