1. Who have you worked with that has most inspired you in your career, and how?
I worked with Alain Juppé for 15 years, a former Prime Minister and presidential contender in France. This included at the local level in Bordeaux, at the national level as his campaign manager, and at the international level in his capacity as Foreign Minister.
I learnt a lot by his side covering many aspects, especially the importance of attention to detail.
2. What is the smallest change you have made in your career that has had the biggest positive result?
One day, I realised nobody ever looked stupid asking questions.
I never regretted asking a question, and many times I regretted that I didn’t.
3. What do you do in your free time to relax and unwind?
Writing a chapter for my next book or walking on a windy, sandy beach or in the forest with Glenn Gould or Keith Jarrett in my ears.
4. What have you have done that would surprise people?
Well, I guess publishing six books so far, three with Edouard Philippe, and three on my own, was quite unexpected!
5. What was the most inspirational and influential book you have read and why?
De Gaulle’s memoirs, so beautifully written, and Churchill: Walking with Destiny the biography by Andrew Roberts, describing how great men meet great or tragic circumstances.