1. In three words, how would you describe your political/leadership style?
Optimistic, constructive and determined.
2. What would you save from your home in an emergency?
Our cat, Fibbi. As a former dog owner, I transitioned into a cat lover, and therefore my cat Fibbi would be the priority in case of a fire in my house.
3. Tell us something you have done that might surprise people?
I refused to enter the government in Luxembourg because I wanted to be an MEP… and I’ve done a few bungee jumps in my life!
4. What is the most humbling thing you have
It was always a humbling experience to meet the courageous women, men and children living with HIV Aids, and to admire the strength of community healthworkers when I was travelling as an UNAIDS Special Ambassador in developing countries.
5. What do you do in your free time to relax?
Swimming, cycling … and, on Saturdays, I shop for fresh food at the market and spend hours in my kitchen preparing dinner for friends.