5 questions with... Paul Rübig
Get to know Paul Rübig.
1. Which person you have worked with has most inspired you in your career, and how?
Christoph Leitl, the Chair of the Austrian Chamber of Commerce and the Global Chamber Platform, and former President of Eurochambres. He is someone who has fought his whole life to encourage people to think in a more entrepreneurial way. This is something I am equally committed to.
2. How would you describe your political style in three words?
Respectful, tolerant and energetic.
3. What is the one item you would save in a fire?
Photos. They remind me of the most important moments of my life.
4. Is there anything you have personally done or achieved that would surprise people?
In my 20s, I became a flight instructor in order to fund my studies. Flying gives me a feeling of freedom and steering my own destiny without any limitations. Giving flying lessons to others meant passing on that same feeling and passion, which was very fulfilling for me. These days I no longer work as a flight instructor, but I do enjoy flying from time to time.
5. What was the most inspirational and influential book you have read, and why?
The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. I especially appreciate the book's underlying messages. One important quote that particularly resonates with me is, "One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eyes."