Protecting Dog and Cat Welfare in Breeding and Trade
Tuesday 27 September 2016 | 18:00 to 20:00
European Parliament Members Salon
Kindly hosted by Sirpa Pietikäinen
On Tuesday 27 September, the EU Dog & Cat Alliance and The Parliament Magazine will be holding an evening reception on Protecting Dog and Cat Welfare in Breeding and Trade.
Our speakers include:
- Sirpa Pietikäinen MEP, President of the Intergroup on the Welfare and Conservation of Animals
- Vytenis Andriukaitis, European Commissioner for Health & Food Safety
- Petras Auštrevičius MEP, Vice-President of the Intergroup on the Welfare and Conservation of Animals
- Martin Chudý, Second Secretary, Animal Health, Food Hygiene, Animal Welfare, Codex Alimentarius, Food Security, Permanent Representation of Slovakia to the EU
- Adrian Burder, EU Dog & Cat Alliance
The event will focus on important developments related to companion animal welfare in the EU, including the findings of the European Commission’s study on the welfare of dogs and cats involved in commercial practices, European Parliament’s resolution on the introduction of compatible systems for the registration of pet animals and the Alliance’s call for an Action Plan to tackle the illegal trade in dogs and cats in the EU and safeguard consumer protection, public health and the internal market.
More information on the EU Dog & Cat Alliance can be found at: