Europe’s largest Federation of Engineers, FEANI (°1951 - 34 countries), representing approximately 6 million individual engineers, will on 11 September 2018 at the Residence Palace in Brussels inaugurate the “Engineers Europe Advisory Group” as part of its corporate strategy.
By establishing an “Engineers Europe Advisory Group” as a co-operative consortium of various stakeholders (students, academics, professionals, business representatives and policy makers), the event will focus on the challenges of the digital transformation (promotion of STEM, the skills agenda, closing the skills gap, ensure well-trained education providers, consider ethical aspects of digitalization, etc.), on how the European engineering community of professional and educational Organizations can better engage with industry on the future of work and on how the voice of engineers in Europe can be strengthened.
The above stakeholders together with European policy makers will meet and exchange ideas on these vital topics and proceed with the signing of a Letter of Intent amplifying and reinforcing the common objectives.
- Opening message from Commissioner Mariya Gabriel
- Ms Themis Christophidou, Director-General, DG Education, Youth, Sport and Culture, European Commission
- Ms Kasia Jurczak, Member of Cabinet, Commissioner Marianne Thyssen
- Prof. Dr. José Vieira, President, FEANI
- Mr Ralph Appel, Vice-President, FEANI
- Ms Cecilia Bonefeld-Dahl, Director-General, DIGITALEUROPE
- Prof. Dr. Greet Langie, Technology cluster Mechanic Industrial Engineering Techniques, KU Leuven
- Mr. Frederick Schulze-Spüntrup, Deputy Secretary-General, European Young Engineers
- Prof. Dr. Mike Murphy, Director of Academic Affairs, Digital and Learning Transformation, Dublin Institute of Technology and President, SEFI
- Mr Gerard McNamara, Founder and CEO, Schuman Associates
- Mr Jan Pie, Secretary General, ASD
- Mr Maxime Cerutti, Director Social Affairs Department, BUSINESSEUROPE
- Mr Dirk Bochar, Secretary General, FEANI
The event is moderated by Ms Katrina Sichel.
To register your interest, please contact: EUevents@dodsgroup.com | 0044 207 593 5560 | 0044 207 593 5672
FEANI is a federation of professional engineers that unites national engineering associations from 34 European Higher Education Area (EHEA) countries. Thus, FEANI represents the interests of approximately six million professional engineers in Europe. FEANI is striving for a single voice for the engineering profession in Europe and wants to affirm and develop the professional identity of engineers.
For further information, please visit: www.feani.org