EU 2019-2024: How can we support viral hepatitis elimination in line with the WHO Global Strategy and UN SDGs?
Hosted by Cristian-Silviu Busoi MEP and Karin Kadenbach MEP
Building on the UN Sustainable Development Goals, the WHO Global Health Sector Strategy for viral hepatitis and the WHO Europe Action Plan consider the elimination of viral hepatitis as a public health threat by 2030 a feasible goal. However, evidence suggests only six EU/EEA countries are currently on track to meet this objective.
The Achieve Coalition, together with the Dr. Cristian-Silviu Busoi MEP and Karin Kadenbach MEP, are organising a high-level policy event to discuss what the next EU legislature can to make elimination of Hepatitis a reality in Europe by 2030 for the benefits of patients and society at large. The discussion will take into account the relevant European Commission Staff Working Document from July 2018 and the European Parliament Resolution from July 2017.
Confirmed panellists include:
- Dr. Milan Kujundžić, Minister of Health, Croatia
- Dr. Cora Pop, Secretary of State, Ministry of Health, Romania
- Ortwin Schulte, Head of Unit, German Ministry of Health
- Dr. Cristian Silviu Busoi, Member of the European Parliament
- Karin Kadenbach, Member of the European Parliament
- Dr. Andrea Ammon, Director of the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
- Alexis Goosdeel, Director of the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA)
- Tatjana Reic, Chair of the Achieve Coalition
- Eberhard Schatz, Project Coordinator at Correlation – European Harm Reduction Network
- Luis Mendão, past Chair of the European AIDS Treatment Group (EATG)
- Ricardo Baptista Leite, President of UNITE Global Parliamentarians Network to End HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis and other infectious diseases
- Professor Pierre van Damme, Executive Secretary, Viral Hepatitis Prevention Board (VHPB)
- Professor David Goldberg, Consultant in Public Health Medicine/Clinical Epidemiology at Health Protection Scotland (HPS)
For further details on the agenda and registration, please follow this link.
Should you have any queries about this event, please click here.