CEN and CENELEC lay the foundation for the Digital Economy
21 June 2017 in Edinburgh marked the launch of the CEN and CENELEC Strategic Plan for Digital Transformation - delivering standards for the Digital World.
European industry is rapidly transforming through the adoption of a wide range of innovative and digital technologies. Traditional sectors of the economy, including those which were not previously significant digital users, have needs that require standardisation responses.
"We are living in a very exciting time, a time of evolution for industry where intelligent manufacturing has to be supported by advanced standards."
(Quote from Dr Bernhard Thies, Chairman of the Presidential Committee of CEN and CENELEC).
To guarantee a flexible and timely response, supported by European standardization, CEN and CENELEC have adopted a Strategic Plan for Digital Transformation with two key focuses:
- Make standards for the digital economy;
- Digitally transform CEN and CENELEC.
Supporting pilot projects will address the priorities of the strategic plan:
- Ensuring CEN and CENELEC meet industry needs for digital transformation.
- Digitizing our standards-making process and deliverables.
- Making the CEN and CENELEC system more agile and adaptable to market and technology innovations.
- Engaging digital natives and professionals.
This content is published by the Parliament Magazine on behalf of our partners.
The Paediatric Cancer network, ERN PaedCan is helping to break down barriers to effective cross-border healthcare, writes Ruth Ladenstein
Industry and academia need to work together to drive innovation, writes Tony Graziano.
Research and education should be among the easier elements of the Brexit negotiations, argue Paul Boyle and Rolf Tarrach